Careers with Animal Sounds NW
We are hiring!
Veterinary Mobile Sonographer and Client Support Associate
Animal Sounds NW Mobile Veterinary Ultrasound, Oregon
Join a team that is revolutionizing mobile veterinary sonography. Animal Sounds NW (fueled by SonoPath) is passionate about offering an innovative approach to veterinary medicine and clinical ultrasound by providing the perfect blend of telemedicine, quality education, clinical support, and ultrasound equipment. We focus on highly trained staff, our own advanced diagnostic ultrasound machine- the NinjaSP, and work-life balance within our dynamic company.
Role Focus: Veterinary Mobile Sonographer
- Veterinary sonographer services to the clients of Animal Sounds NW: includes efficient and complete ultrasound examinations and diagnosis services such as FNA/cytology, centesis procedures, and effective transfer of diagnostic data to SonoPath telemed;
- Scheduled Monday-Friday mobile ultrasound- workday length dependent on need, workflow, traffic, and other considerations;
- Ultrasound instructor for veterinary labs at SonoPath’s New Jersey education center;
- Clinical support to Animal Sounds NW and SonoPath telemedicine clients.
What You Can Expect to Do:
- Travel within the Covallis/Eugene/Salem regions to scan animals for veterinarians that need ultrasound scans and potential FNA sampling for diagnosis;
- Learn and instruct SonoPath’s SDEP Certification;
- Work independently within a variety of clinic and hospital settings fostering relationships with doctors and staff;
- Communicate and collaborate with the international SonoPath team virtually;
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve, and pivot with changes and interruptions while maintain attention to detail and sharp time-management skills;
- Work with the ultrasound software and NinjaSP ultrasound machine, remaining current with updates;
- Learn from SonoPath SDEP-certified instructors to become successful within the mobile sonographer role: SonoPath will train and provide these courses (complete training and mentorship provided within company structure).
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Oregon- licensed or license eligible CVT with passing of VTNE;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a technician in a general or specialty veterinary practice;
- BA/BS a plus; RDMS welcome to apply;
- Reliable vehicle required for mobile duties including proof of insurance;
- Comfortable and flexible to work irregular hours, travel days, and occasional weekends;
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and able to place confidence in your team and leaders;
- Always professional, friendly, calm and confident in stressful or emergency situations;
- Ability to travel for instruction at education labs at our NJ education center, potential on-site at hospitals, at conferences as an exhibitor, etc. as required (travel, meals, and lodging costs paid for by Animal Sounds NW);
- Enjoys variety, problem-solving, and sharing knowledge with diverse personalities and within a range of settings.
Who We Are:
Animal Sounds NW (fueled by SonoPath) emphasizes optimizing diagnostic efficiency with ultrasound services while also taking into account the valuable time of medical professionals and support staff within each veterinary hospital.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, CV, and proof of licensure to
Donna Denny email@example.com
Diane McFadden firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions about the position, Animal Sounds NW, or SonoPath, call 1-541-357-9423, and ask to speak with Donna or Diane.
Salary and benefits dependent on experience and will be discussed in the formal interview process.